Remembering I had a simple hat pattern resembling those infamous zigzags in my pattern library, I made a copy and got to work.
The creative juices were flowing and many ideas were frogged and thrown out.
If you don't succeed the first time, try, try again until you get it right.
Done and done!
Final touches...weaving.
FYI, I hate to weave in the ends....so, so many and so much work. Ugh. :-/
The result makes it worthwhile though.
Crown view.
The final product. :-) (click photos to enlarge)
October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and in honor of this very important fight against cancer, I chose to knit the Twisted Rib Neckwarmer in pink.
Unfortch, I've already made a mistake...missed a row or two of the ribbing. Knitting while watching a movie (Less than Zero with Andrew McCarthy and Jami Gertz) proves to be difficult for me tonight. I'm debating whether I should undo an hour's worth of knitting or let it go. Hmm. Wonder how long it will take for my OCD to kick in?
Anywho, if anyone is interested in this beautiful neckwarmer/cowl, it happens to be a free pattern download on Ravelry.
And, I have to take a moment and go back in time a month or ten! I thought I would post a pic of my nephew's hat I promised him Christmas of 2010! If I schedule accordingly, my nephew's knitted Christmas gift for 2011 should be ready by ... Easter?
I'm on a knitting mission this month and need to continue knitting despite the lack of natural oils on my fingertips.
Eek, my fingertips are actually pruning.
I hope everyone has a wonderful week.
Happy knitting!





3 comments:
Beautiful job on those hats!
Lube up those hands and keep going. ;-)
The chevrons turned out perfectly. I might have to copy you. That is such a good idea.
Wow wow wow, I´m pretty speechless: I LVOE that hat! It looks 100% as a real Missoni :)
Happy Friday!
xx Ivana
Style in the City
Be sure to enter my giveaway to win an amazing scrapbook software :) http://tinyurl.com/mymemoriesgiveaway
Post a Comment