Saturday, March 26, 2011

It's About Time...

...I post something on my good ol' blog. Thank you to Valerie for missing the silliness I so openly share with the world and in a roundabout way kindly reminding me to post something... anything. Lol. :-)

I think I mentioned before about having a long-term sub assignment and working with first graders. Well, all I have to say is, teachers are overworked and underpaid. Most of the stress doesn't come from working with the kids on a daily basis, it comes from Admin. Frustrating (with the exception of a coworker whose situation is the opposite at the moment).
Thank goodness it's coming to an end soon.

Anywho... I thought I would share a couple of things that have kept me afloat during this stressful period.

The first item is this delicious instant coffee...let me tell you it does wonders for my personality and stamina. Hallelujah!
All I can say, it's downright transforming, just ask the kids. :-)

Next up... Two brand spanking new knitting books courtesy of Groupon.com and Barnes & Noble. Groupon was offering a discounted coupon for B&N. I had a couple of knitting books in mind and decided to join. A friend referred me to them, she got ten bucks and I got two knitting books for almost half the price. Not too bad of a deal. I've already placed a gazillion tabs on my 101 Designer book and plan on knitting a little bit more in the near future. Crossing fingers. If you want to find out more about Groupon just click on the link. :-)

Last, but not least... Sweet treats (pictured below).
These are the yummiest snacks...EVER. Hershey's minis, it goes without saying......YUM! There's no question they satisfy any sweet tooth and best of all, the protein from the peanuts fulfills a bit of the recommended daily allowance or something like it. Can't argue with that now, can ya?
The other sweet treat is the Pulparindo. They're worth GOLD in class. Kids will turn in all their homework and jump through hoops for them. Made of tamarind and chili, the yellow packaged candy is hot enough to numb your tongue for about a minute. The candy in the red package (not pictured) is spicier and with a label warning of it being extra-picante! HOT! Let's just say they're flaming good and you'll lose all sensation in your tongue for good while.
Honestly, this only happens to me. I'm such a wimp when it comes to spicy foods.

I'm off to grade papers. Wishing everybody a sweet spring.

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Val said...

I am so glad to see a post!!! I totally agree with you. I subbed for about 10 years and those teachers work so very hard. I admire the ones that truly love their work. I have thought of going back to subbing but then I got an opportunity to work for the company that my daughter, Mandy (May May) works for. It is also high stress but I love working from home. Now I have to figure out how to answer 100 calls a day and sew at the same time!!! LOL

Kara said...

Yay! Glad to have you back.

Teachers are truly heroes. But every hero needs some things to help them through the day.

ButtonMad said...

your post hasme craving coffee. i havent had a cup in ages but i think today may be the day ;-) cool blog

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

This is such a sweet post ! I was wondering what was taking so long. Welcome back. -- Okay, the coffee sounds delish and the next time I'm at the grocery store I'll pick up some. The chocolates sound delish. I love chocolates with pepper in them, especially the Mexican brands. They're the best. You should try sprinkling a bit of cayenne in your cocoa. -- I agree with you about teaching. When I subbed back home I found the children to be the easier part of the job. I tried to avoid the administration as much as possible however, there was no avoiding some of the parents. That's where my headache's came in.

Beth Dunn said...

Oh happy spring to you. Sorry for the admin stress. Glad you have treats. I've been thinking of taking up an afternoon coffee habit.
xoxo
SC