In the middle of a one-on-one test my voice just faded away. What could I do? Nothing. Feeling helpless, I just laughed it off. The students were especially sweet to me. They huddled around, trying to help by giving me advice on how to clear my throat to get my voice back. Of course, that wasn't the case, but I tried it anyway. It didn't work, but nevertheless they didn't give up trying.
You can tell a lot about a person in first grade. This group has a heart of gold, always wanting to help each other and lend a hand. Sometimes I feel life outside of the classroom will have a greater impact on them than the few hours they spend at school.
Case in point, a student was letting me know the world is going to end in 2012 because his teenage cousin told him so. I told him otherwise... he didn't believe me.
We are all doomed in his eyes. :-/
There's one thing I've noticed at school among the elementary school girl fashionistas and that is ~~~> trendy fancy footwear.
Here is Little Z rockin' her sneakers. I love them! Notice the faux fur vest she's wearing? Ka-yoot, right?! Okay, back to the shoes... Now, why didn't they have snazzy shoes like this when I was young? Oh yea, because it was the age of aquarius :-) Am I that old? When I was young, wallabies were my favorite pair of shoes, until my mother sold them at a garage sale. I miss my wallabies. Such is life. This might explain why I tend to hold on to my things for very long periods of time. Some would consider this as a hoarder in the making. Oh dear.
Not much knitting going on right now, but many knitted pieces being worn. It's freeeeeeezing in California! What's up with that?
Anywho, I'm sending out warm thoughts to anyone and everyone buried under a pile of snow, especially to my friend, D in Chicago. :-) Have a great weekend!

3 comments:
Great post. We're not having snow right now in this part of Georgia, just cool days. The clothes that really young children wear nowadays are amazing and really cute ! I remember it being the biggest deal in the world, it even made headlines in the Detroit News when I was in junior high; the Detroit Public School System was allowing girls to wear pants !!!
Please visit my blog so you don't miss out on my contest.
Oh love seeing these shoes. So cute. Kids are so funny. I hope you get better soon with your voice. I have been crocheting. You would be proud of me. I just am learning the basics but it is so fun. One day after I master this I will learn to knit. I am so enjoying my scarves that you made me. We have had cold weather with lots of rain but it is suppose to end this morning.
The graduating class both directly before and after me sounded very much like your first graders. Everyone was friends with everyone. No cliques. I wish my graduating class was like that.
:-(
OK, I have to know...what is considered "cold" in CA? Right now in CT, it hasn't gotten above 35 degrees with more snow that we know what to do with. ;-)
Post a Comment