Saturday, June 5, 2010

Taste Buds and Cravings

I started a few things this weekend.

I've been craving a knit hat (even though it's warming up) and scarf in navy blue for the longest time now. The scarf was started a month ago and for the time being sits in my yarn bag...woops. The hat was started a week ago, but frogged back down to the ribbing...second or third (?) attempt at finishing it might be tonight or maybe tomorrow.

My second craving ~~> nutella crepes.

I went to the I.B. Farmer's Market last Friday and discovered this heavenly treat.
To be very honest, I didn't actually discover it myself, we ran into my friend's son's classmate and he strongly recommended it. Who am I to say no to fruit and chocolate? Um, not me!
Before you knew it we were marching ourselves down to the french crepe booth and ordered the tropical fruity crepe (and may I just add, a very cute french boy made mine).
Well, let's just say words cannot express the joy my taste buds experienced that day. Wow!
The combination of the nutella and fruit was heavenly.

Since that day the crepes have been on my mind, so a few days ago, I bought all the ingredients to make my own at home. I do have to thank my friend, Amy for the nutella; she had an extra bottle and kindly passed it on. Now that is one GREAT friend. THANKS AMY!!

The ingredients are pictured above. Here is the simple recipe. I used the Bisquick mix recipe for the crepes; the results weren't spectacular, but still edible. (I'm searching for a new crepe recipe).

The ingredients:
1 cup of Bisquick mix
3/4 cup of milk - I added some water to thin out the batter, of course you can add more milk instead.
2 eggs - mix all ingredients until well blended. Cook as if you were making pancakes.
Once the crepe is done, spread a generous amount of nutella to cover your crepe; top with a sliced banana or half, your choice; sliced strawberries and a dollop of whipped cream. Fold or roll that baby and top with more whipped cream. I overstuffed my crepe and chose not to top it this time. The verdict... it was deeee - li - shusss!
I took an extreme closeup photo of my crepe because as I was in the middle of devouring it, I suddenly realized I hadn't taken a picture. Aesthetic appeal is important to me and let's just say it wasn't a pretty sight after two or three bites... you get the idea. :-)

My third craving - a fun book. I have a few on hand already, but this one has been on my Amazon wish list for the longest time. A couple of weeks ago I spotted the book at Borders books during their tent sale. My friend mentioned she already had it and would pass it on to me. Yay!

Like everything else, I started the book, but have yet to finish it... so far, I likey.
It seems the only thing I finished was my dessert, but then it would be shameful not to, right?

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Kara said...

I support all these cravings! Yummy!

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Nice choices there. I love anything with Nutella on it ! Yum!

jayayceeblog said...

The crepes look and sound fantastic ... definitely going to give it a try!

Val said...

O.K. I have never ever heard of Nutella! Looks delicious!