With camera in hand, we searched for a place to satisfy our appetites, but since it was a holiday weekend, during the dinner hour at a touristy town no less, every eatery we came across was pretty busy. The alternative... walk down to the beach to catch the sunset.
This was our short jaunt to nirvana - in pictures. :-)
If there is one thing you need to know about me, it is that I have a great appreciation for the ocean and all its inhabitants.
The ocean should be respected and all living things in and around it should be preserved.
If you're lucky, you may be able to capture the beauty of the ocean in pictures, but nothing replaces its true loveliness when you see it with the naked eye.
On our way towards the beach, we walked along the streets of La Jolla lined with palm trees.
The weather was perfect.
Shops, cafes and restaurants.
Backyard view of the well-known pink hotel.
At long last, the beautiful sunset.
I feel very lucky to be able to see the ocean from any viewpoint in San Diego. Whether it's driving over the hill on my way to work or driving alongside the road, to me, the ocean represents serenity.
I can only hope the water in the gulf will look this clean very soon. It's heartbreaking to see and hear what is happening to the sea life in and around it, but mainly my heart goes out to the people of Louisiana - their livelihoods have been changed forever.
Can these people catch a break?
My thoughts and prayers go out to them.
Namaste :-)

3 comments:
The beaches in my hometown are not that beautiful.
I totally agree with you about the Gulf. It is heartbreaking.
Oh I love the beach too! In my younger years I loved to get a tan. Now I could care less about that. I just want to hear and see the ocean and feel the sand on my feet. We are heading to Myrtle Beach South Carolina later this summer with the Grands. I can't wait!
Great pictures. I love and miss La Jolla. We used to go every year when our daughter would do the rough water swim. Need to get back over there and spend some quality time with the ocean!
Post a Comment