Thursday, June 16, 2011

Sewing and Knitting

...two of my favorite hobbies.
A couple of months ago, I added a few dresses to my spring/summer wardrobe and I thought it was about time I share a few pics.
Better late than never, I say. :-)
If I recall, last year or the year before, I wrote a few words about something or other regarding a dress I wanted to make similar to a Lilly I spotted at the mall. After a close inspection of said Lilly dress, I knew I could make it and my wallet would thank me at the end of the day.
Well, that was last year or so, and yes, I did make a dress(es), but not an exact replica (it looks more like a Tracy Negoshian dress).
Since I try to avoid projects with zippers, especially on dresses, I made all of my summer frocks roomy enough to slip over my head.
Easy peasy.
Pictured below are the patterns I used for my 2010 and 2011 spring/summer frock collection. :-)

Dress #1 Polka-dotted red knit dress with lined skirt.

Dress #2 My version of the so-called Lilly. Very comfortable fabric, but very transparent.

Dress #3 Big comfy dress with lined skirt made out of cotton/poly. I want to make this dress again and already planning on making major adjustments to the skirt and bodice.

Dress #4 One of my favorite dresses mainly because of the bright color and airy fabric. Very transparent with a much needed lining throughout.

Dress #5 The top of this dress started out very different, but love the way it turned out. Lined throughout.

And the Pièce de résistance...
my PrettyinPink(blue)cardi. Finished! Yay!
It makes me want to sing a happy tune, but I'll spare ya. ;-)
The piece finally came together after the third attempt at ribbing the collar and fronts. Phew!
Next step is to block it, which I take that to mean...
throw it in the gentle cycle.

Also something I have to start very, very soon is...
destash or call The Hoarder Patrol because I have too much yarn! It's enough to send me over the skein-edge...lol, maybe.
Have I mentioned I like to save stuff?

Anywho, the weekend is almost here!
TTFN

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bee-you-tiful!

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Wow ! You've been sewing away haven't you ! I love the colors, fabric and pattern choices. The blue cardi is great. I'd been thinking about that one myself.

Val said...

Wow. I am so impressed! You are so smart! LOVE it all! Thank you for your fathers day wishes to Dad. He will love it!

Lulu said...

lovely

Posh Peach said...

Love your dress designs! So fun to make them.

P.S. I agree with your message from Beyonce ;) It's long overdue!

Thanks also for the blog design advice! I'm excited to make some changes.

Have a great 4th!

A Bigger Closet said...

Wow you are a sewing wiz! Pretty, pretty dresses and enough of them to get you through summer. :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a great weekend!