Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sooooo...
I finally finished one of my knitting projects,
The PrettyinPink cardi (mine is prettyinblue).
Unfortunately, I absolutely did not like the rolled collar and front. I never blocked it, but if I had, I'm sure the front would have softened up a little not sure by how much, but right now, me no likey.
Time for some good ol' mod tricks.
I went ahead and frogged the collar - starting over - decided to knit it in one piece to eliminate the seam in the center.

I began with a few rows of stockinette stitch and continued with a garter stitch.
As of now, I'm not jumping for joy.

When confronted with a knitting challenge I give myself knitting timeouts and head straight for the sewing machine. I find it to be the best stress reliever and distraction to my knitting frustrations. :-/ You get instant gratification with sewing. If you hit a snag, a seam ripper is your best friend...snag gone, problem solved.
While my little shop of stitch and knit hums along, I watch or listen to episodes of Project Runway on hulu.com; Season 7 is available right now. The new season starts this summer and I can't wait.
I'll try to take pics of my sewing projects and post them soon.
I hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend. :-) Summer is around the corner!
Happy Sunday.

4 comments:

Kara said...

I definitely take knitting time outs. Sometimes you just need to step away from it. I am sorry the cardi has been tricky. It is a darling pattern and the blue is so pretty.

Alyssa said...

that is so so beutiful
god bless you
alyssa

Val said...

I agree with my little granddaughter...that is beautiful! Guess what I did today? I went to the Senior Center here in town and took a crochet class. I LOVED it! I know a few basics but want to learn the ins and outs of it! Hope you are doing good.

Unknown said...

I like your blog!
I you want follow me on blogger I will do the same
http://freakyfriday-sabrina.blogspot.com