Saturday, January 8, 2011

Sky

There's nothing more fascinating to me than the big blue sky. Even more so when it's filled with puffy clouds and the best reason for picture taking.
As I was walking towards Starbucks the other day, I heard a big roaring noise coming from above. Can you see the airplane in the center of the picture? When it flew over my head, it felt as though I could have reached up and touch it. The thing was huge. By the time I took my camera out it was a good distance away.
Lately, it's been happening more often. The rinky dink airport a few miles east has become mecca for private jets. You should see the air traffic during big events in town. Once I counted 4 private jets flying by within a 30 to 45 minute time period. It's understandable during bad weather, a few airplanes are diverted from Lindbergh Field but, holy heck, are they loud.

Yesterday, my dear friend L invited me to the mall. The camera came out almost immediately when I saw the beautiful sky.

The rain stopped for a couple of days, but the clouds linger on making for a gorgeous picture.

Great company with a great friend.

Good conversation with Starbucks in hand.

Lots of shopping fun.

Just a quiet evening at the mall under an amazing sunset sky.

7 comments:

Kara said...

These skies are making me quite jealous.

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Oh I am not sure we can be frinds as I am totally green with envy. It's dark and sad and cold here. Single digits tonight. Brrrr. So jealous of your petty blue skies!

Val said...

Absolutely beautiful pictures.We have lots of snow here and the high tomorrow is gonna be 26 degrees! The skies here are cloudy but I sure am enjoying these snow days.

Triston said...

Very pretty pictures! It's beautiful there!

Lulu said...

lovely pics

Valerie said...

The sky looks so pretty in your pictures! Shopping with friends with a coffee in hand- that sounds like a great Saturday!

Amanda said...

Impressive - No skies like that in grey old England!